There is much to admire on this tour of the compact eastern portion of the Penn-Liberty Historic District, where commerce and rail transportation merged in the late 19th century. The vast majority of the historic commercial buildings in this area were constructed between 1884 and 1916, at the height of the Gilded Age. The tour explores this ravishing architectural legacy, as well as preservation’s important role in bringing vitality back to the district. Rounding out the tour are contemporary buildings, designed with an eye to the district’s architectural past, that seal the district’s identity as a microcosm of Downtown’s commerce and culture.
69 in stock
100 West Station Square Drive, Suite 450
Pittsburgh, PA 15219
Phone: 412-471-5808 | Fax: 412-471-1633