Majesty of the Law: The Court Houses of Allegheny County
James D. Van Trump
Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation, 1988
This account places the three successive court houses of Pittsburgh in their historical context. The greater part of the text relates the history of H. H. Richardson’s Court House of 1888 and its adjoining Jail, two of the United States’ most illustrious buildings. Their conception, construction, and later history are related in detail, and their composition and place in architectural history are analyzed, with the help of historic and modern illustrations.
- 180-pages, hard cover; 8 1/4″ x 10 1/4″
- 112 b/w photographs
- ISBN: 0-916670-12-0