Life benefactor membership entails a one-time donation. Each new member adds strength to our organization, and together we provide a strong collective voice on behalf of historic preservation. Our success depends on the support and involvement of many people and organizations. Your membership contribution or charitable gift will be used to continue and increase our historic preservation programs and services in the Pittsburgh region.
JOIN US and support our efforts to:
- Stand guard over the major architectural landmarks of Allegheny County.
- Revitalize historic neighborhoods and properties, and assist urban neighborhood efforts in restoration, new construction, and affordable home-ownership programs through the Preservation Loan Fund.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to dozens of communities and neighborhood groups.
- Identify and survey the historical, architectural, and industrial resources in Allegheny County and make nominations to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Preserve Pittsburgh’s historic parks and public sculpture.
- Create student/teacher workshops, tours, lectures, publications, and other educational programs featuring the history and architecture of the Pittsburgh region.
- Formulate reuse plans for abandoned industrial sites in Allegheny County.
- Contribute to the economy of Greater Pittsburgh by developing tourist attractions based on our architectural and industrial heritage and the good use of our rivers.
- Evaluate future development proposals as an advocate for the preservation of the Pittsburgh region’s special character.
- Continue a well-managed, responsive, and creative membership organization with the ability to implement these goals on a long-range basis.
Life Benefactor Membership Benefits Include:
- Free admission to programs and workshops at the Landmarks Preservation Resource Center in Wilkinsburg.
- A 10% discount on PHLF publications.
- A free subscription to PHLF News, our handsomely illustrated annual newsletter featuring current work and architectural research.
- E-mail newsletters on preservation issues and events
- Discounted rates on technical assistance in regard to your historic property.
- The opportunity to work with our planned giving consultant to realize benefits for you, your family, and PHLF.
- Free Friday walking tours in downtown Pittsburgh, May through October.
- Discounts on special events and bus tours, and an invitation to an exclusive event for Heritage Society members ($1,000 gift or above or an estate commitment).
- Savings on school tours and presentations.
- Free access to the James D. Van Trump Library of architectural and historical books, periodicals, images, and reference materials.
- Free access to the Frank B. Fairbanks Rail Transportation Archive.
- Free admission to “Woodville Plantation,” a National Historic Landmarks in Collier Township.
- Many rewarding volunteer opportunities.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting one of the nation’s most innovative and effective historic preservation organizations.
For non-profit and community development organizations, real estate developers, and small-business owners:
- Access to loan programs to assist with historic preservation projects within a 250-mile radius of Pittsburgh.
For historic religious properties within Allegheny County:
- Access to matching grant and loan programs to assist with restoration.
Criteria vary for each grant or loan program; applications are required.
- Call 412-471-5808 and speak to Mary Lu Denny to join or pay by credit card by clicking below.
New, Renew, Gift to Third Party