- This event has passed.
Millvale Walking Tour
July 26, 2014 @ 2:00 pm - 4:30 pm$10 – $35
This tour of Millvale with Library Board Chair Brian Wolovich, Director Jason Vey and volunteer Jean Domico, Boro Council member Bill Stout, Louise Sturgess of PHLF, and others, will include visits to:
- St. Nicholas Catholic Church, where 22 murals by Croatian artist Maxo Vanka are being restored and illuminated;
- Kelly Art Glass, where glazier John Kelly will discuss the art of restoring and fabricating stained glass windows;
- the newly formed Millvale Community Library at 213 Grant Avenue;
- two urban gardens by Allegheny Grows; and
- several main street businesses.
Please park at St. Nicholas Catholic Church in Millvale (24 Maryland Avenue) and meet Louise Sturgess there at 1:45 p.m. After touring the church, participants will drive to Kelly Art Glass where they can park for the duration of the tour. From Kelly Art Glass, participants will walk to the library and around the business district and return to their cars at the end of the tour.
Please wear comfortable walking shoes, dress for the weather, and bring a bottle of water.