An annual gift of $1,000 or more—or a planned gift commitment—makes you a member of the Landmarks Heritage Society (LHS). While a cash contribution is always welcome, you can also create a Named Fund at PHLF, include PHLF in your will or estate plan, or benefit from a charitable gift annuity or retained life estate. Gifts of appreciated assets such as securities and real estate may allow you to avoid capital gains tax, yet carry a full fair market value charitable deduction. PHLF is one of only a handful of organizations that enthusiastically considers gifts of real estate if they conform to our gift acceptance policy. From time to time, PHLF will even consider gifts of tangible personal property if they are related to our mission or can be easily converted to cash to fund preservation projects. For more information: http://plannedgifts.phlf.org/index.php
JOIN US and support our efforts to:
- Stand guard over the major architectural landmarks of Allegheny County.
- Revitalize historic neighborhoods and properties, and assist inner-city neighborhood efforts in restoration, new construction, and affordable home-ownership programs through the Preservation Loan Fund.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to dozens of communities and neighborhood groups.
- Identify and survey the historical, architectural, and industrial resources in Allegheny County and complete nominations to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Preserve Pittsburgh’s historic parks and public sculpture.
- Create student/teacher workshops, tours, lectures, publications, and other educational programs featuring the history and architecture of the Pittsburgh region.
- Formulate reuse plans for abandoned industrial sites in Allegheny County.
- Contribute to the economy of Greater Pittsburgh by developing tourist attractions based on our architectural and industrial heritage and the good use of our rivers.
- Evaluate future development proposals as an advocate for the preservation of the Pittsburgh region’s special character.
- Continue a well-managed, responsive, and creative membership organization with the ability to implement these goals on a long-range basis.
LHS Membership Benefits Include:
- a subscription to Landmark Legacies, an annual newsletter focusing on creative ways PHLF and LHS members are helping to renew historic communities and build pride throughout the Pittsburgh region;
- an invitation to a “members only” LHS special event;
- and recognition in PHLF News and on PHLF’s website
- A 10% discount on PHLF publications
- A free subscription to PHLF News, our handsomely illustrated annual newsletter featuring current work and architectural research.
- E-mail newsletters on preservation issues and events
- Discounted rates on technical assistance in regard to your historic property.
- The opportunity to work with our planned giving consultant to realize benefits for you, your family, and PHLF.
- Free Friday walking tours in downtown Pittsburgh, May through September
- Savings on workshops at the Landmarks Preservation Resource Center in Wilkinsburg.
- Discounts on special events and bus tours, and an invitation to an exclusive event for Heritage Society members ($1,000 gift or above or an estate commitment).
- Savings on school tours and presentations.
- Free access to the James D. Van Trump Library of architectural and historical books, periodicals, images, and reference materials.
- Free access to the Frank B. Fairbanks Rail Transportation Archive.
- Free admission to “Woodville Plantation,” a National Historic Landmarks in Collier Township.
- Many rewarding volunteer opportunities.
- The satisfaction of knowing that you are supporting one of the nation’s most innovative and effective historic preservation organizations.
Call 412-471-5808 and speak to Mary Lu Denny to join or pay by credit card by clicking below.
New, Renew, Gift to Third Party