School District (Renewal)
Schools receive a 50% discount on all student walking tours and have access to PHLF’s award-winning educational programs that connect lessons you are teaching in the classroom to real places in the Pittsburgh region. Place-based education strengthens academic skills by making learning relevant and builds citizenship skills and hometown pride.
JOIN US and support our efforts to:
- Stand guard over the major architectural landmarks of Allegheny County.
- Revitalize historic neighborhoods and properties, and assist inner-city neighborhood efforts in restoration, new construction, and affordable home-ownership programs through the Preservation Loan Fund.
- Provide technical assistance and advice to dozens of communities and neighborhood groups.
- Identify and survey the historical, architectural, and industrial resources in Allegheny County and complete nominations to the National Register of Historic Places.
- Preserve Pittsburgh’s historic parks and public sculpture.
- Create student/teacher workshops, tours, lectures, publications, and other educational programs featuring the history and architecture of the Pittsburgh region.
- Formulate reuse plans for abandoned industrial sites in Allegheny County.
- Contribute to the economy of Greater Pittsburgh by developing tourist attractions based on our architectural and industrial heritage and the good use of our rivers.
- Evaluate future development proposals as an advocate for the preservation of the Pittsburgh region’s special character.
- Continue a well-managed, responsive, and creative membership organization with the ability to implement these goals on a long-range basis.
In addition to the Individual Membership Benefits, Schools and School Districts Receive:
- 50% discount on the Downtown Dragons walking tour
- 50% discount on the Portable Pittsburgh Artifact Kit
- 50% discount on the Strip District walking tour and all other student walking tours
- free copies (while supplies last) of Pittsburgh posters, postcards, and bookmarks
- free use of more than a dozen slide shows from our slide-lending collection about Pittsburgh’s history, architecture, parks, and sculpture
- free access to PHLF’s reference libraries of architectural and historic books, magazines, photographs, slides, and rail transportation archives
Call 412-471-5808 and speak to Mary Lu Denny to join.
You may select a membership for one student, once school (including all students within the school), or the entire school district.
New, Renew, Gift to Third Party