Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation has worked in neighborhoods and towns to preserve historic commercial buildings, retain businesses and recruit new ones, and assist in making our region’s central business districts great places to live, work, and play for more than 40 years.
This work started in the 1960s with a comprehensive plan to revitalize the business district along East Carson Street on Pittsburgh’s South Side. Since then, we have worked in revitalizing both urban and rural Main Street corridors in Allegheny, Armstrong, Butler, and Westmoreland counties.
Our expertise and services include:
- Revitalization Planning Assistance
- Market Research, Drive-Time Analyses, Retail Opportunity Gap Analyses, Demographic and Trade Area information
- Design Guidelines
- Traffic & Parking Analyses
- Historic Building Inventories
- Business Recruitment & Retention
- Restoration and Construction Management Services
From 2009 to 2013, PHLF managed Allegheny County’s Main Street program known as Allegheny Together. Contact our office at 412-471-5808 for more information and guidance about these services.