Menu Contact/Location

Overview

Through the place, we renew the spirit of the people. Historic preservation can be the underlying basis of community renewal, human renewal, and economic renewal. Preservation is not some isolated cultural benefit.

— Arthur P. Ziegler, Jr.,
President and Co-founder

The Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation (PHLF), was founded in 1964 by a group of citizens who passionately believed that historic preservation, rather than massive demolition, could be a tool for renewing communities, creating pride among residents, and achieving sustainable economic development.

Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation
Renewing Communities; Building Pride

MISSION STATEMENT

Recognized as one of the nation’s most innovative and effective nonprofit historic preservation organizations, PHLF works to:

  • identify and save historically significant places;
  • renew historic neighborhoods, towns, and urban areas;
  • preserve historic farms and historic designed landscapes; and
  • educate people about the Pittsburgh region’s rich architectural heritage.

PHLF is chartered to work within a 250-mile radius of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, although its primary focus is on the Pittsburgh area.

phlf-building

Pittsburgh History & Landmarks Foundation

100 West Station Square Drive, Suite 450

Pittsburgh, PA 15219

Phone: 412-471-5808  |  Fax: 412-471-1633